in olive grove
The crooked elderly trees that stand in ragged lines, and still produce olives in season are what the Grove was named for, but it has become more of a gathering place and living space as time goes on. There are hastily constructed shacks in the shade of the trees and lining the road, some in better repair than others. A common campfire and campground stand in the middle, offering comfort to travelers and those with no where else to go. Beyond in a clearing a marketplace has sprung up, trampled grass from the many feet, and semi permanant booths of merchants there often, though many more merchants trickle in once a week on marketdays to sell their wares and do some shopping of their own.
Add your character and their personalised role via the updates board.
- Hospital: A local healing centre has been established in Oliford to help care for the sick and injured.
- Daycare: Children of any age can be left in expert care at the Oliford Daycare Centre.
- School: Since the closure of the Star Academy, the residents of Oliford have banded together to create a free school for youngsters to attain a basic education. There is a heavy focus on literacy and numeracy.
- Orphanage: Orphaned or abandoned children are cared for here until they can receive foster or permanent homes.
- The Underground Eye: the brain-child of investigative journalist Minori. She runs her newspaper office out of her home here.
- Luke's Workshop: If you need a ship building, or a boat repairing, and can't find Luke at the docks, this is where he'll be. This is where he works on anything that doesn't need to be on the water. Selling rope, carved figureheads, compasses, oars, canoes, or anything else you might need for a naval voyage, a day at sea or an afternoon on the river.