the mountains and valleys
Formerly known as the Vista Mountains, Saltrock Peaks were renamed after they became the only part of Shaman which remained above water during the Great Flood. The Peaks have been the first and fastest area to recover after the flood, and has the greatest abundance of plant and animal life in all of Shaman. As a result, it has become popular hacking territory. The Peaks are technically Crown-owned but are difficult to police, so bold outlaws also use this area to hunt or meet.
Esther-May, NPC Soul-Thief
Mohana, cult leader Deor, Equaliser
Carrie, until 16
Parthenia, on loan to Kasdeya
Seph, odd jobs
Add your character and their personalised role via the updates board.
- Augury Vale: this beautiful V-shaped valley supports mainly wildlife and has good, fertile land. The River Twinge runs through here.
- Falcon Point: a dormant volcano and the highest point on Shaman. Climbing this great mountain is an enormous achievement.
- Saltrock Markets: this trading hub was formed during the Great Flood and has remained popular since the flood receded.
- Esther's mansion: the gothic mansion of the villainess Esther-May is located on one of the Peaks. Esther provides fairies with whatever they want in exchange for the souls of children under the age of 10, who must then live with and work for her.
- Equalist Headquarters: the secret headquarters of the Equalists cult, a group of anti-magic fairies, is buried in the catacombs beneath one of the mountains.